Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Independent Service Learning

Hello My name is Lamin Conteh, I have been at Constitution High for two years now. My values are caring, sharing, honesty, responsible, and respect. This may sound very corny, but this five concrete values as I call them are what make me the man I am today. These are my values. For this year service learning I was put in the community giving group, baysicaly, we conducted a research on line and find out what the children needs. After that we meet on Friday and disccuss what we find out during research. From their we helped raise money to buy toys and books for the children at CHOP.

For my 15 independence service hours, I volunteer at the Philadelphia book festival for about 7 hours. I was in charges of the costume, I pass out the event programs, and I was also in charge of making sure that people don't go back stage. I also volunteered at Squash Smart for a week after school, I help tutor 6th grader do there homework, and also play the game of squash. Squash Smart is a none profit organization in West Philadelphia and North Philadelphia that help kids all over Philly become successful in life. I had great time volunteer there, I learned a lot from does kids they behave really well too.

Service learning has helped me get more involved and helping my community more. I also learned a lot about myself. I learned that I can't work well with computer research.

No comments: